Collection of resources for "Research Object, Provenance, and Collaboration" task force.
Leaders: (Sean, Jun, Oscar)
- What is a research object? LED BY UPM, but of course dealt with by everybody (please check all of our mistakes)
- General description Bechhofer et al
- Slides from Sean/DDeR presentation at e-Science: http://www.myexperiment.org/packs/165.html
- DDeR Blog Posts
- LiquidPubs. Work from Giunchuglia et al in Trento.
- Scientific Knowledge Objects (SKO) V1. http://wiki.liquidpub.org/mediawiki/upload/8/80/SKO_Main_v1_006.pdf
- DataOne project (non-published)
- Indiana's work (non-published)
- Jill Mesirov. Accessible Reproducible Research. http://www.sciencemag.org/content/327/5964/415.short. Publications as support for argumentation, e.g. convincing a reader that the results are valid. Describes the notion of a Reproducible Results Environment/System/Publisher.
- Boundary Objects. Work from Social Science. Boundary Objects are those things that sit between communities and foster communication between those communities. They represent the shared/common interests. Key paper from Star and Griesemer: http://sss.sagepub.com/cgi/doi/10.1177/030631289019003001
- DDeR and CAG on the "Primacy of Method" from Web Science 2010. http://eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/20817/ Results reinforced by reproducability. Methods (not just data) is key. Thus a link to workflow.
- From artifacts to aggregations: Modeling scientific life cycles on the semantic Web http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/asi.21263/abstract
- See also the reproducible research work e.g, Victoria Stodden http://www.stanford.edu/~vcs/Papers.html
- Research Objects were introduced by Iain Buchan eg see page 44 of this 2007 presentation "e-Labs: Interoperable data, methods and people" http://www.cancerinformatics.org.uk/presentations/buchan.ppt
- First myExperiment design discussion on Experiment Objects http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/ExperimentObjects (historical interest only!)
- RO for Wf4Ever (is there anything particular as we are dealing with workflows?)
- RO in Astronomy?
- RO for Marco?
- Data packages in ADMIRAL - a minimal example?
- Beyond the PDF meeting:
- Website https://sites.google.com/site/beyondthepdf/
- Summary by Anita on http://elsevierlabs.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/back-from-beyond/
- Talks online http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BE627F48A0DB94FD