Within the myGrid family we have three particular projects:
- Two User / Content: BioVeL and SCAPE. They focus on:
- writing workflows for a community
- building web services for a community (esp. BioVeL)
- building tools for a community (esp. SCAPE)
- One cross cutting infrastructure: Wf4Ever
- provenance reporting and storing
- workflow repository (myExperiment)
- workflow components catalogue of some sort
- workflow preservation management
- component preservation management
- workflow and component versioning
- workflow sharing/publishing
- workflow/component curation
Wf4Ever is a project that is defining models, defining APIs and building a reference architecture for a Workflow preservation environment centred on myExperment and dLibra. And it needs collaborations with people who are doing the work on writing workflows, building web services and tools for a community. Neither BioVEL nor SCAPE have the time or inclination to understand the details of provenance/versioning/annotation/preservation etc. But Wf4Ever has and does.
Wf4Ever needs projects that will adopt its results. BioVeL and SCAPE need a platform that will preserve and manage their workflow outcomes AFTER their completion.