Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

No normal agenda today, just checking QA on the Deliberables.

Chat transcript:

de Graham Klyne a Todos:
Is there an agenda?
de Rafa(UPM) a Todos:
My guess is that we are just going to discuss about the QA
de Sean a Todos:
Hello!
de David De Roure a Todos:
Hi - I'm not on audio as I'm running a Digital Social Research event today, but I'm 
   currently listening to the invited speaker and online and will watch this text channel
de jun a Todos:
Hi Dave
de David De Roure a Todos:
Hi Jun I'm in social science in manor road - meanwhile Carole's taken over 
  my office with KIaty and Stuart!
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jun: Typing a lot
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: We'll keep it short at we have lots to do on deliverables and QA
de Rafa(UPM) a Todos:
there is considerable noise
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Any outstanding issues that people need to discuss about deliverables
de Rafa(UPM) a Todos:
we need sound QA
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
we'll ignore the actions today
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
any glaring problems or holes
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
D4.1 first

D4.1 status

de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jun: Updated a revised version
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
tie up some loose end. Paolo has already started QA on friday version.
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
waiting for his feedback to do final revisions
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: HAve you had any initial QA at all?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jun: No, not received any comments yet
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: If there are comments, will you have sufficient time?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jun: Yes, if we get the comment back to day
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
anyone from Poznan on the call?
de Graham Klyne a Todos:
Can someone remind me of the deadline to respond to QA comments?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
_: Talked to Raol, he was .. planning to.. (?)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Can anyone from MAnchester look at the D4.1? To see if it's aligned.
de Graham Klyne a Todos:
I think we checked that what we say about ROs isn't at odds with D2.1
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Not got much spare time. Jits+Stian involved in D3.1 QA - we
   could do something quick
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: We'll try, but no guarantees
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
3.1

D3.1 status


de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Rafa: ... 3 issues. Much content that possibly was in 2.1
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
they can put it in the 2.1 folder in dropbox if it's to be used there
de Graham Klyne a Todos:
(I think it's too late to try and eliminate repeated material)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
...
de Sean a Todos:
(very noisy from someone. Might be Rafa?)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
how user reqs are related to tech reqs
de Graham Klyne a Todos:
(Noise on line 3 - Guillermo?)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Rafa: Will need some english speaking person
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
someone from Manchester/Oxford to review language
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: It would be a few hours work to copy-edit a document that 
  length.. we can try to look at it.
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
About deadline: May 31st to submit. These cosmetic things..
   should not take too much time.
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean will disagree
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
perhaps someone from the admin team could do it
de Graham Klyne a Todos:
(What admin team?)
de Paolo a Todos:
admin team?!?!
de Sean a Todos:
@graham +1
de David De Roure a Todos:
admin team??
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Time is a luxury at this point..
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Rafa: Try to deliver as soon as possible, if we have time before
   delivering to the commission
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: The comments you (3.1) received from us by email for QA will
   be pretty much what will be in the official QA document
de Paolo a Todos:
for the future, may I suggest to have a budget for a professional
   proofreader if we feel this is needed
de Paolo a Todos:
but this means, Del should be ready much before the deadline
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
D2.1

D2.1 status

de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: PRetty happy, Stian+Jits tidying up techie reqs
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
yet to receive any QA comments, hoping for those
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
final decission, Oxford ERC is QA-ing
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
check with Dave
de Sean a Todos:
@dave: are you QAing D2.1?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jose: a number of reqs came up that was very tightly
 connected with ROs
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
how to address these
de Graham Klyne a Todos:
(Is this D2.1 or D4.1?)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
when looking at it from integrity/maintenance, there will be
 implications for RO requirements
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
need to make sure it's coherent
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
more or less we managed to do it
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
(We're talking about 2.1 vs. 4.1 now)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: hoping there are no serious mismatches
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Sent an email to the list, what is the procedure for submitting
  the deliverables, what are hard, concrete deadlines?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jose: Have to submit to commission 31st - not as tight for them, but
  good idea for us to make it tight
de Graham Klyne a Todos:
(OK - I'd say any discrepancies should be addressed in 4.1 rather than 2.1,
  since 4.1 is a user of ROs - 2.1 should be definitive.)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
During the day, making all the final documents on dropbox/wiki - wiki is better.
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Don't give us an option, then we won't do what you want
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jose: OK, upload to the Deliverable page under Public in the wiki
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Stian: I guess that's http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/public/Public+Deliverables
de Sean a Todos:
http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/public/Home
de Sean a Todos:
has a TOC for 6.1
de Sean a Todos:
That probably shouldn't be there.
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Any other immediate concerns, questions, etc on QAs, etc?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Last chance!
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
(Rapture!)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Paolo: Can read one more document!
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: if you can look at D4.1
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
confirm what Jose raised
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
pick up the version in QA folder?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
which one then
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
in D4.1 folder
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
that's https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jpk56ypa55qidr/D4.1_v1.6-20110524-JZ.doc
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
check alignment
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
In general...
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Stian: But that's what Oscar was to do..?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Perhaps it would still be helpful if Paolo could comment
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Paolo: by when..
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Lunchtime!
de Sean a Todos:
(that was a joke)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: No further issues - let's go back to hacking deliverables

Any other business

de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Antonio: Just joined..
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Quick question: Any red flags with their QA?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
has been changed to... ?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Raul mentioned.. were not able to QA the document..
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jose is doing the QA of astronomers (that's D5.1)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jun: Slightly worried that we're not getting contact with Marco
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
(He's at the Galaxy conference)
de Sean a Todos:
<can't hear Jose very well>
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
(?): Making updates that's required
de Graham Klyne a Todos:
No D6.1 document yet
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
(Paolo typing loudly :) )
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
D6.1 is very sketchy
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jun: ^^
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jose: Do a phone call to touch base
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Graham: Did email him to see when things would be ready, not ready when he'll be ready
de Rafa(UPM) a Todos:
(italians and their noisy keyboards!)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Stian to give Graham Marco's number
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Do we have an architecture telcon?
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jits: no, it's been skipped
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jits: Bringing up Dimensions stup
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
stuff
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Paolo mentioned this.. they have moved away from initial purpose of dimentions
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Paolo says it's mainly in the name.. they are not dimensions.. more
  a  mix of properties/actions for ROs
de Graham Klyne a Todos:
I think the original purpose of the dimensions was not workable
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
dimensions are lost in semantics :)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
PAolo: we'll need another name, actions/properties
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Proposal for alternative names? Not split it..
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Jits: Commonalities
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Graham: The term 'Dimensions' is really vague already..
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
just making work for ourselves
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
PAolo: Probably not making issues with reviewers, but in the future
   revolve this to be called something
de jun a Todos:
@graham, I think RO dimensions are different from what we have in D4.1
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: Keep it in our minds to find an alternate terms
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
Sean: OK, thanks everyone, get on with work! :)
de Stian and Jits a Todos:
*: good luck
  • No labels