Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda

  • M6 deliverable wrapup: impressions and 1st year results planning
  • Next plenary meeting dates
  • M6 interim reports
  • Current resource burn rate: expected under/over spending and corrective actions
  • FAME, next action points
    • Dissemination materials, leaflets, posters, etc.
    • Web portal editorial support
    • Update on recent dissemination actions 
    • How do we record every action?
  • Staffing issues, if any, plus team members update (ack Lourdes)
  • SAB: call for members
  • Publications (ack Lourdes)
  • Visits between partners (ack Lourdes)
  • Risk analysis (ack Lourdes)

Minutes

  • Language of the project is English ; )
  • M6 deliverable wrapup: impressions and 1st year results planning
    • graham's report was a reflection on the deliverable writing
      • carole: maybe too much deliverable-focused?
      • jose: seems quite natural this kind of process, could be refined
    • oscar: 3 types of deliverables (tech reqs, user, explotation)
    • carole: specific comment on one deliverable 8.2; people did not contribute on the wiki, from where deliverable should have been filled in
      • name&shame people?
    • carole: worries wrt recommendations deliverable
      • oscar partially agrees, it should be improved
      • (should be reapplied towards the big picture)
      • carole: we need oscar's re-direction in that wp
      • oscar: very soon fully onboard
    • jose: not happy with D6.1
      • it was on its own, completely dettached
      • maybe because marco's not so involved in the project; also lack of a good QA
      • concerned about Leiden participation
        • (Kristina sent regrets this morning)
        • jun: marco was quite responsive (maybe lacking time)
        • carole: raised good points in last week meeting
        • jose: we should provide him with guidelines to get good contributions from him, given our experience with EU projects (oscar agrees with need for guidance)
        • jun: because he was not in manchester he was lacking some information on how to proceed wrt deliverables (carole agrees)
    • oscar: sum up: D3.1 and D6.1 could be improved. D8.2 depends on the tables to be filled in the wiki
      • carole not officially leading it (D8.2), weird that she was also QAing
      • jose: OXF might be underspending (sth else to be done in these tasks)
      • David De Roure: yes we switched to UPM QAing, but in general the QAing needs review by the QA coordinator
  • jose: what are the results we expect for the end of the year? 1st Y review usually the toughest
    • carole: good to think what we're going to demo
      • David De Roure: +1
      • Oscar Corcho: +1
      • not to build another RObox, over-engineering a solution
    • carole: role of myexperiment? can we leverage myexp base? not clear the myexperiment-ness
      • jose: great to bring our vision of RO to myexp
      • raúl: such discussions about myexp role in last Arch meeting, how to make a 2nd prototype including it
      • carole: design the panel presentation in september, for the review in january/feb
        • David De Roure: +1
        • Oscar Corcho: +1
    • jun: wrt user reqs and tech reqs, plan for the next 3 months, to clean/integrate them
      • oscar: agreements for next three months, something will be ready for the arch meeting so people have this in mind
        • Pique: I will be via skype
        • David De Roure: yes i want lots of prep before the meeting so we can do the design
        • David De Roure: input from all task forces welcome.  Graham doing great job.
  • Next plenary meeting dates
    • jose: didn't want to go in october
    • oscar: it'd be good to define all year's plenaries well in advance
    • jose: "relax dates" (as in, maybe go into early october) for the plenary, but then discuss the demo in the Arch meeting
      • plenary in october probably
    • arch meeting will be mini-plenary -> people need to be aware it's (and was) a serious meeting (not to be hijacked, but important)
      • David De Roure: demo discussion in arch meeting is ok by me
      • David De Roure: Could do on Wed 20th, when we have good remote access for others to join
  • M6 interim reports
    • jose: we need to check progress at different levels
    • carole: need of timesheets
    • jose: we wanted to have this through the UPM portal (that would be the timesheets)
    • carole: thought we would be filling in some spreadsheets locally
      • Jun: +1 in OXF
      • oscar: hopes it will be sorted out very soon; they're spreadsheets anyways, we will all see it before the end of the month
      • carole: only one job please, not spreadsheets + sth else
  • Current resource burn rate: expected under/over spending and corrective actions
    • jose: some partners probably underspending, but we will see with the reports
      • carole: UniMan will be, due to bureaucracy hell(?), can explain why anyway, and will burn all the money in Y2
  • FAME, next action points
    • Dissemination materials, leaflets, posters, etc.
      • how are we going to produce them? by whom?
        • jun: Dave mentioned from his side?
          • jose: about the web yes
          • David De Roure: Adi Himpson can do other materials too if we wish
            • He is a designer
        • carole: sean offered about the usual merchandising (maybe coordinating with dave)
          • David De Roure: agree re usual merchandising, we're very familiar with it and it works
        • David De Roure: if we decide now that oerc will produce this then we will start next week
          • David De Roure: Just need the decision
            • Oscar Corcho: I vote +1 for OERC
      • carole, lourdes, raúl.. they comment on the need for this material to promote the project
      • need to be available in the website
        • David De Roure: yup
      • David De Roure: We need some generic materials, but there may also be community specific things for Lourdes and Marco
      • carole says lourdes said the web page directly plunges into technical details (no context of what does this means to scientists, the history of ROs, etc.)
      • Oscar Corcho: We should then use the concept of "personas" for showing things then.
        • Oscar Corcho: "Persona 1": Astronomer who does x and y and z... What does Wf4Ever mean to him/her?
        • Oscar Corcho: "Persona 2": Astronomer in charge of EuroVO... What does Wf4Ever mean to him/her?
        • Oscar Corcho: etc.
      • Carole Goble: can I have slide decks for my keynotes
        • David De Roure: are all the slidedecks used so far on the wiki
        • David De Roure: Could be a basis to build a generic set
    • Update on recent dissemination actions
      • carole: IC3K keynote will be about wf4ever, ROs... but no slidedeck
    • How do we record every action? (maybe to decide offline)
  • Staffing issues, if any, plus team members update (ack Lourdes)
    • Carole Goble: Antony is being replaced but Loudes has a plan
      • Carole Goble: someone she hopes to bring back from another place
    • UPM also to replace Alex, with Dani in a stronger role in the Prov area
    • Carole Goble: Khalid will join Manchester, Stian now full time, JIts will be officially fulltime soon
  • SAB: call for members
    • call for SAB members as soon as edits to the portal are complete.
    • Pique: Should we wait for arch meeting before contacting the SAB ?
    • jose: maybe better if each one contacts them separately
  • Publications (ack Lourdes)
    • Carole Goble: Lourdes made the point that we need a piblishing plan
      • Carole Goble: updating the plan
      • jose: we have a plan, but maybe we need to modify it. suggestions to update, please send it around.
      • Action: Put the updated plan in the wiki
  • Lourdes: we can move some points to next time
  • No labels