Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda and Minutes

Coordinator: Raul

Apologies: 

Minutes/transcript: Stian

Participants: 

Call will use Oxford's Webex: http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/private/Telecons#Telecons-ARCHTFTelecon

Chat log:  2012-01-18-arch.txt

Chat log

<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Who is the scribe?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> I interpret silence as "not me!"
<Daniel Garijo> graham has volunteered
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> ah, great
<Graham Klyne> My webex client just died - back again, sort-of
<Graham Klyne> RO review:
<Graham Klyne> (Oscar?) Wants all work done to be present in the review.
<Graham Klyne> Khalid: expecting sean to be presenting some of RO material.
<Graham Klyne> ... Slides in driopbox.
<Graham Klyne> ... we should not expect (everything?) - 20min presentation, deviations from plan and reasons
<Graham Klyne> WP3 presentation - not here yet
<Graham Klyne> WP4 presentation:
<Piotr> Khalid - you are very quiet
<Graham Klyne> (re WP3: Rafa not here yet - will talk later)
<Graham Klyne> Raul: re WP3, will need to talk with Oscar
<Graham Klyne> ... need to break off a mo...
<Piotr> https://ox.webex.com/ox/j.php?ED=446022&UID=4618152&PW=NOTEzY2U4OWE0&RT=MiMyMQ%3D%3D
<Kristina> Hi everyone. Kristina and Marco here. Sorry that we are late.
<Graham Klyne> ... back again. note scribing gap
<Graham Klyne> Having problems with wiki - can't get webex link, people arte late jopining
<Graham Klyne> Rafa: commen t about WF3 - more or less same as before
<Graham Klyne> ... (question)-based recommender finished
<Graham Klyne> ... inference engine finished, importing RO model so recommnender to work from (evaluate?) ROs
<Graham Klyne> .. we need to discuss in arch conference what to present for review
<Graham Klyne> Danid: is recommender compliant with RO model?
<Graham Klyne> Rafa: currently, only compliant with aggregations
<Graham Klyne> ... but idea is that it will be RO compliant, will use RO model
<Graham Klyne> Khalid: ... scenario for demo ... any discussion how to include recommendation part?
<Jun> <hello. finally in!>
<Daniel Garijo> Hi Jun!
<Graham Klyne> Rafa: when we show the portal, have some kind of recommender-generated display. But currently, only have REST API and command line tools. So maybe only show these URIs/tools in use.
<Graham Klyne> Khalid: (need further discussions?)
<Graham Klyne> WP4 presentation:
<Graham Klyne> Jun: I thought I would share slides I have about WP4 with Esteban, so can create final slides (for plenary) by the end of this week
<Graham Klyne> Jun: my ideas not following template yet. We know about objectives, etc.
<Graham Klyne> ... key content report what we have been doing since M6 deliverable
<Graham Klyne> ... organization of User Reqs across packages to find common grounbd - first strand
<Esteban> Hello, sorry for being late I am in a meeting outside and had problems with the connection
<Graham Klyne> ... second starnd, take some IQ dimensions as priority for implementation: (a) completenes (OXF), stability (Isoco)
<Graham Klyne> ... talk about use cases and min info model
<Graham Klyne> ... (something aboiut RO manager command line tool: can show in use)
<Graham Klyne> ... use cases; design data model; don't have implemenattaion of (missed?)
<Graham Klyne> ... last strand: future of WP4. Don't know how much detail yet
<Graham Klyne> Dani: what is the role,of the RO model in WP4?
<Graham Klyne> Jun: minimum data model is based on RO model and Min info model
<Graham Klyne> (GK: that is correct)
<Graham Klyne> ... RO provenance model being designed should connect easily with RO model
<Graham Klyne> Estaban: relation between stability and RO model ...
<Graham Klyne> ... (sound is breaking up)
<Esteban> hello?
<Graham Klyne> ... (still not hearing)
<Daniel Garijo> I'm I the one who is losing Esteban?
<Piotr> me either
<Jun> we can't hear you any more
<Esteban> Im sorry , can you hear me?
<Esteban> we can chat later via skype or sb with sb that ones to join?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> we hear you
<Graham Klyne> Hearing you OK now
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> now (smile)
<Graham Klyne> Dabni: asking about relation between RO model and part that Esteban will present
<Graham Klyne> Esteban: work on general RO model not finsihed. But will link with the RO model concepts.
<Graham Klyne> ... make a (screen?) for this, but probably no time. Will fiocus effort on a mock-up to illustrate use-case.
<Aleix> screen = sprint
<Esteban> yes
<Graham Klyne> Marco: how to use RO in biology use cases?
<Graham Klyne> ... one view: look at RO model as guoideline for modelling research object
<Graham Klyne> ... experiment with it a bit (e.g. using RO tools)
<Graham Klyne> ... have some basic dublin core annotations, looking for ward to using other ann types
<Graham Klyne> ... did experiment for adding other annotations manually.
<Graham Klyne> (Marco: we should talk about that expoeriment - #G)
<Graham Klyne> ... (MISSED) SOMETHING ABOUT PRESERVED OBKJECT
<Graham Klyne> Dani: other use-cases...
<Graham Klyne> ... astro users are looking to connect internal parts of RO
<Graham Klyne> ... e.g. I use thjis kind of (question) for this woprkflow
<Graham Klyne> ... sharing concerns
<Graham Klyne> ... trying to upload pack from myExperiment into portal n(worked well)
<Graham Klyne> ... adding annotations
<Graham Klyne> .. was rather complicated.
<Graham Klyne> Khalid: what's missing?
<Graham Klyne> Dani: ... missing something to link parts of model top other parts
<Graham Klyne> (yes, that's a cap-ability I need to add to RO manager - #g)
<Graham Klyne> Khalid: can we have a list of properties that are missing?
<Graham Klyne> ACTION: Daniel - com e up with list of missing elements
<Graham Klyne> dani: See also lsmall list propvided by Pique
<Graham Klyne> ... list is in user demo
<Graham Klyne> Khalid: can we have list list to go through in a future telecon?
<Graham Klyne> Marco: suggest we make a table of things we'd like to do.
<Graham Klyne> MARCO! YES PLEASE!
<Kristina> http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/User+scenario+for+Review+%282%29
<Graham Klyne> (Thanks Kristina)
<Kristina> Here you can find the link to Pique's list
<Kristina> I think
<Jun> I think we should be careful when going through this list of missing properties. There is no end to this. We should consider them in a particular context and scope, and properly prioritize them
<Graham Klyne> Raul: have some usage problems; missing implementation; e.g. no public service yet, etc. general usability issues. Trying to address these issues.
<Graham Klyne> ... but not sure we can implement these for the plkenary
<Graham Klyne> Dani: user demo + technical demo
<Graham Klyne> ... but what can users do right now?
<Graham Klyne> (in the portal)
<Graham Klyne> Piotr: all things in user demo in wiki can be done in the portal - create, import from myEx, add/remove resources, annotate resources; all backed by RO DL.
<Jun> what is RO DL?
<Jun> <thanks!>
<Graham Klyne> Ongoing design of annotation i/f, but works functionally.
<Raul> RO digital library (smile)
<Graham Klyne> ... uses dLibra and delivers orther services around ROs
<Piotr> http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/Technical-side+demo
<Graham Klyne> Jun: it will be fantastic to demo a working system. We also need to demo pieces work together how pieces work together. Who has this big picture of how things work together?
<Graham Klyne> Raul: big picture is in the wiki.
<Raul> http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/Version+2+%28Christmas+2011%29
<Graham Klyne> Jun: ... we now need a reality check about where we are and what is needed to fully realize this picture. Who has the "reality check" big picture?
<Graham Klyne> Piotr: that page is what we expect to have ready by the review. There are some pieces may not be ready. Expect to discuss integration in architecture conference.
<Graham Klyne> Jun: can you send this out to technical ppl in propect, and get them to confirm, and highlight any gaps.
<Graham Klyne> Raul: today was deadline for integration for this presentation (question)
<Graham Klyne> ... may make integration effort this week, then ???
<Graham Klyne> dani: pick up this conversation in ARCH TF discussion
<Graham Klyne> Marco: sggest that the user scenario should cover everything everything we want to have; the technical then maps to (parts of) this user scenario.
<Graham Klyne> (I think that's a good plan - #g)
<Graham Klyne> Jun: I don't have time or expertise to do this, but this is exactly what I think we need.
<Graham Klyne> ... I can help, but ...
<Graham Klyne> Marco: we should raise in rthe ARCH TF call
<Graham Klyne> Stian: status of taverna export; it's currently functional; ...
<Graham Klyne> ... (sound breaking up)
<Graham Klyne> ... only have a bunch of RDF coming out, but nothing to show at user i/f level
<Esteban> I cant hear, same here breaking up but maybe is me
<Graham Klyne> Dani: how to import this RDF... and make it part of the RO.
<Jun> Stian: are they in a SPARQL endpoint somewhere we can play with?
<Graham Klyne> (I woinder if that's my next priority for RO manager? - #g)
<Rafa> please, when you are not speaking mute your microphones
<Jun> +1 Daniel. that's my concern too
<Graham Klyne> Dani: we currently don't track evolotion of RO; only wf-generated content.
<Graham Klyne> q+
<Graham Klyne> GK: have task to pick up Matts discussion of provenance types
<Jun> the organization ontology
<Graham Klyne> Dani: also work on othero ontologies
<Jun> q+
<Graham Klyne> (My comment was not about specific vocabuklaries/models, but to understand at a higher level the nature of provenance we may deal with.)
<Graham Klyne> Khalid: need to show we're aware of limitations, and that we're workign towards addressing them.
<Graham Klyne> q+
<Graham Klyne> I wanted to say this is the kind of discussion I'd aim to help frame with the previously mentioned task.
<Raul> agree with Jun
<Graham Klyne> Jun: need to clarify terminology.
<Graham Klyne> Jun: wary of "extension" to RO model. Am worried that RO model is over-complicated. Could become a "big snoiwball"
<Graham Klyne> @Jun: valiud comment, but I'm happy that it is very modular
<OeRC WebEx> Hi - I'm now on the call ready for Arch. I will leave in 20 minutes.
<Graham Klyne> Dani: concerned about sharing and privacy.
<Graham Klyne> ... haven't seen any effort toward addressing this concern
<Jun> this is very important!
<Graham Klyne> ... maybe a limitatioin we need to address
<Graham Klyne> TIME UP????
<Daniel Garijo> http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/RO+Model+Gap+Analysis+%2813-01-2012%29
<Raul> collaboration aspects to be considered also as next steps
<Raul> there is a collaboration model
<Graham Klyne> Khalid: notion of "collaboration spheres"
<Raul> ARCH CALL TIME
<Esteban> bye
<Esteban> I will thouhg with the problems I am having not sure to contribute that much , I will be mostly muted (smile)
<Raul> ESTEBAn dont go (smile)
<Raul> 1. Toolkit v1 status (towards review technical demo)
Individual components
Integration
2. myExp-Wf4Ever integration report
3. Technical demo discussion
4. Plan towards plenary and review
5. AOB?
<Raul> – myExp-wfever ----
<Raul> Dave: We went to different integration scenarios
<Raul> option 2 and 3 chosen
<Raul> there is no effort for development features
<Raul> in myexp, except from wf4ever at the moment
<Graham Klyne> @Dave - have you talked to OSS-watch about myExp sustainability as OSS project?
<Kristina> Sorry but we did not get which options there were..
<Kristina> Can someone clarify? Is it on the wiki?
<Piotr> here it is http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/myExperiment-RO+repository+integration+-+high-level+options
<Kristina> thanks!
<Graham Klyne> @dave - was just checking (smile)
<Raul> Can anyone transcribe? maybe Stian (great in that (smile))
<Raul> Action: Roadmap for myexp-wf4ever integration
<Raul> to Dave
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Sorry, I was not scribing.. I'll try now
<Raul> Action: skype thursday
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Agreeing on a meeting tomorrow to further discuss myExperiment-wf4ever integration
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> (question)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Status of toolkit
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: each component..
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> today is deadline for integration of tools
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: prepared Scenario for technical demonstration
<Piotr> http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/Technical-side+demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: does not map 1-1 with user demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: but this can be changed
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: Objective (as I've seen it) was to show what part of architecture has been implemented, and how this have been using created models
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> show the different implementations and how this relates to other work in the project
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> for instance, show RO manager, which was not part of the user demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> which is more on the portal
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: and other services, like recommender and integrity and authenticity, are not part of user demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> but would like to have them as part of technical demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> show them corporating with each other
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> at least show API
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> that it fits within the overall architecture
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> would like inputs from developers of those services - in what way can we demonstrate these in the review
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: More details on what is possible in the portal.. and what will be
<Graham Klyne> @piotr: is that the RO SRS API you mean?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: a user can create a RO, as a new instance, or import from existing in myExperiment
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: in user demo it shows create from scratch, I also want to show myXP import
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: can then see resources, annotations, delete
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: Not changed annotation interface yet, but will try to simplify it for the plenary
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> PiotR: ? is not working yet
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: Sparql end point, but probably not part of any demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: (question) search
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kevin: Was 1-1 mapping with user demo desireable?
<OeRC WebEx> Hi I'm going offline now, handing host to Kev
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: Relation with the two demos.. some expectation that tech demo was user-demo with more tech details
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> (like a technical commentary track)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: But that is not how I've laid it out
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: (??) easier to show
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: Purpose of showing annotation, that there is tooling which can annotate, play with RO model through a UI. Easy link to RO model
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> portal shows this.. then move to RO model and show what is in there
<Raul> (thx Stian for scribing)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> at time of review we don't need to have everything there, just show that.. (question)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Do we show the other services, or just (question)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kevin: Tools like RO manager.. demoing something that is not 1-1 mapped to user demo, eithe rpushed to work package or not shown at all?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: Most can be shown in tech, but show what is used in each step of user demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: OK, so not showing RO manager and those other services..?
<Graham Klyne> (Completeness evaluation exists only in RO manager right now)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: In user scenario, there is a tool, with two screens, then on one screen still user scenario, show tooling on screen 2
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kevin: When talking about user demo there's been some mockups and slides added.. but in cases like RO manager it is a tool.. but performing si milar functions
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kevin: User demo scoped to make it a presentable story, but that does not align with all technical work
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: So what do we suggest, to keep it in parallell, but then go into the other tools? Or..
<Graham Klyne> It seems to me we have two working models; portal-based and local-machine based. They work over the same (RO) data, but occupy different areas of cuntionality. Not sure how to prresnet that in demo.
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kevin: Can we then show all the tools that are in Piotr's plan
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> or how can we then fit them
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: Some parts are defnitely not included now.. but the user demo forms a story.. like start with creating
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> no place to also show import
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> and not using all tools is understndable
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> tech could start with diagram, so we have the background
<Graham Klyne> IIRC the lanned user scenario demo has two parts: now and 5 years later. Second part might be good oppo for import from myExperiment?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> then repeat user demo, showing steps in details.. and then show other points were not part of user story.. like myXP import, RO manager.. including services like completeness
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> distributed architecture, if we only show one component it.. (question)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kevin: So you suggest to go through first demo+tech, then an add-on with the other bits
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kristina: Design for user demo is not very long, and not showing all we've done either, coming in WP presentations
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kristina: will show other things in WP presentations as well
<Kevin> +1 Stian, needs to show how everything fits together
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: If something is missing from user scenario, we can put it in
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> ^Stian: should have anchor points in tech presentation to show how different wp components fit into architecture
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: even if we show other tools in technical bit it can fit the story
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Action to (question) for technical demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: make a Clearer mapping with user demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Update with status of services to be available for review
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: RO manager - Graham, can we download a complete RO from portal? And then unzip and test with RO manager? List annotation or something.
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: In theory that should work - but we've not tried it out@!
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: And in theory using synchronisation code which presumably does any unpacking needing
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: Also thinking just manual download
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: Would look better if we could just do a checkout, but ..
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Stian: But zip-file does show that it's a real file you can just take with you, not just some novel tools that can talk to each others novel services
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: On merging annotation branch.. Marco/Kristina - have you made ROs with the RO manager you want to preserve, or would you be OK to redo it with a new structure?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kristina: Would of course like to not redo!
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: I Need to understand what is needed to convert it.. or if that is not too much work, just re-create the RO from scratch with the updated tool
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kristina: From scratch, about a days work
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: OK, conversion probably longer.. but I could do it
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: The work that was done..that ended up in dropbox.. is that also RO manager, or previous version?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: My work was just Local management of RO.. syncing with dLibra was later
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: Work which work with ROBox was using the old structure
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: The recent work is using the new structure, which is quite different
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: Something we could talk about offline
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: And then you would need to test this
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: Would this be needed for the review..?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: I've not been part of deciding what is to be reviewed, just described what I've got
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: If it will be involved or not.. up to WP leaders
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: RO manager and portal, in theory easy to show
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: What about other services?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> ?? service?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: Could GK email when merge is finished, then I can test if it still works with portal
<Graham Klyne> ACTION: GK email Piotr when RO manager merge is done
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> I&A service
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> REST service
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Aleix: Not inputs
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Aleix: Need RO proveannce of resources
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> so nothing to show
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> can give random number..
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> but without inputs..
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> web application we have, is a tool for the user to (question)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> get feedback and try to improve it
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> can be shown, but not a full application, more like something to play/try
<Graham Klyne> GK: if RO-manager exchange works OK, I can fairly easily construct MIM and showm completeness
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: One of the metrics was completeness etc, which you can check from research objects?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Consistency.. but now called validity (question)
<Aleix> stability
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: Completeness I looked at, it was implemented within RO manager
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: To construct at minimal information model and demonstrate that evaluation...?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: Yes, just within command line, not a REST service
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> GK: Expected to have implementation.. but not if/how (??)
<Kevin> @Graham: will the commands Kristina gives to new ro manager still be the same as for the old? Is capturing/scripting these commands something that would help save repetition for any future changes to the RO model structure? (or for testing)
<Graham Klyne> @kevin: yes scripting the RO commands would work
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: if there's no data for I&A to show, then it would just be something to mention in WP presentation
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Question about Stability. This service depends on...
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Some of these services were determined only on RO content? Not of provenance
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Aleix: We need the content, based on the provenance
<Graham Klyne> It's true that completeness does not depend on provenancew
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Aleix: Implemented, but with own data..
<Graham Klyne> Q+ Could not "constructed" provenance test data be included manually in the RO?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Stian: If you have test-data, what model is it based on?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> (..)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Aleix: Stability service now
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> ^Aleix: As described in the wiki
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: Any problem with our data..?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Aleix: Has been tried.. need to fix weight of parameters
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> will need more cases to.. set the weights
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: But can do it with just one example?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Aleix: YEs
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Is this available somewhere..?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Aleix: Can put code in github..
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> (I thought we always put code in github??)
<Graham Klyne> @stian +1
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Recommender.. Rafa?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Rafa: University.. hard to put outside
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> had to made a version you can deploy locally
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> can put it on portal machine
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: On the sandbox?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Rafa: we could have a dropbox folder with the latest version of recommender
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> (again not github????)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Rafa: Recommender also uses some runtime indexes and models etc, which don't fit well on github
<Piotr> I don't see the code on the github
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Rafa: Ah, it's on my account.. not on wf4ever
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> (You can just clone it to wf4ever)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> (I need to do that for the wfdesc extractor as well)
<Graham Klyne> Note: if necessary, we now have capability for private repos within wf4ever githgub if that;'s an issue. But open is preferred (smile)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> who is manager of wf4ever
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> fork
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> give me the URL and I'll do it
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> just paste it here
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> I did it in 2s fo rmy project
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Rafa: should be up and running without any other dependencies.. just a JAR
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> can configure the port
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: would be easier to deploy as a war..
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> but OK
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> PiotR: Not a webapp.. has it's own container
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> uses (?)ly
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> self-contained
<Rafa> it uses Grizzly
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> you can do downloads on github
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> https://github.com/wf4ever/ro/downloads
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: For this.. testing of integration we can just do it as rafa said
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> but it would be better to have it all in github.. even deployment instructions
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> just on how to create them
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: And can do packaged version on download section
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: feel better than dropbox – all in one place
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: Also a movie?
<Graham Klyne> (Agree: dropbox is a pain for this kind of stuff)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Wf4ever: Will see if we can include something in portal to show it
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> s/Wf4ever/Piotr:
<Piotr> (smile)
<Raul> Cant hear Marco
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: ?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> something about seing it on one computer
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> yes
<Graham Klyne> I thinkj marco is asking to be able to see what the recommender does - a runnable demo or movie or something ?
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: do a little movie.. if it works on just one computer, then we can just see what it does
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Rafa: It works on more than one, but our uni computers not accessible from the outside
<Raul> we have a bit of problems with voice delays
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: But we might run into other technical issues as we heard now.. but at least it's working on one machine, so a video could show us what it does
<Graham Klyne> I think marco's comment is that having it working on one computer is sufficien to make a screencap video
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> yes
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> nobody cares what URL is there in the video (smile)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kevin: (question) looked fine
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kevin: (the wiki)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kevin: Added stuff.. making more consistent.. but affected by user demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> one story we should get straight is how this relates to technical work packages
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> for instance, WP2 slides had a diagram.. but this is different
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> need one consistent how-things-fit diagram
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> between technical and work package
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> will be affected strongly by what is in the tech demo
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Kev: which is why I was pushing for not just 1-1 mapping
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Piotr: So our conclusion today is that it should be 1-1, if other things like RO manager is not part of user demo.. then.. (question)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: Set a deadline.. Friday
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Marco: All suggestions on what we might do to user scenario
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> (all quiet)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> ..........................
<Kevin> (tumbleweed)
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Skype contact over the following days with Rafa
<Stian Soiland-Reyes> Raul: Any other business?

  • No labels