On Friday, we had a good discussion about RO SRS API and how well it fits with the RO model, especially with respect to ORE proxies. Piotr has updated ROSRS API and reviews are needed. We have agreed to review this today, and start work on other things as appropriate, with a view to deciding at tomorrow's standup whether we need to schedule another chat about the ROSRS API. Generally, we'll approach testing the API through implementation rather than more discussion.
Regarding the goal of 3 implemented APIs, we have:
- checklist evaluation - already done (need to check it isn't affected by our subsequent discussions)
- RO SRS - there's a lot of important detail here, and if we can achieve independent interoperable implementations of this, it will be an significant step forward. GK intends to have a bash at implementing an independent test/sample client.
- Possible candidates for 3rd API: Recommender (depends on Rafa's progress, and available efffort? Stability (Aleix has spec, is working on implementation; do we have effort for independent client?)? Workflow runner (no spec yet)?
Also mentioned: user API, SCIM, annotations, but no firm conclusions.
It was proposed that we aim for Showcase review on Thursday, with Friday available for tidying up loose ends, but no discussion or agreement. Decide at tomorrow's stand-up?
- What I have done - discussed the ROSR API with Graham, Kevin and Stian, updated the wiki page: the API usage and Link Relations, put my comments in yellow boxes
- Plan - discuss the annotations API, start implementation
- Blockers - need feedback about the API usage to start implementation
- I have finished the roevo implementation and I have been catching up with the discussion on Friday as i was unavailable.
- Plan: start draft for evo API.
- No blockers
- Some discussions - not finished updating the wiki page. (Friday meetings with myGrid..).
- Finish http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/RO+SRS+interface+6+-+discussion#ROSRSinterface6-discussion-ProposalsfordeaggregatingexternalresourcesfromanRO
- write up the mapping for RODL/Workflow Runner.
- Hopefully start implementing the manifest mapping first.
- Friday: Not much. Attended to the skype discussion about proxies .
- Today: Working on the implementation of the service.
- Blockers: None.
2012-06-22 - Friday:
- stand-up and follow-up: http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/2012-06-22-SC68-standup
- RO decay discussion: cf. http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/Showcase+65+Linking+taxonomy+of+decay+with+minim+models
- Useful review of ROSRS aggregation API: http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/2012-06-22-SC68-RO-API-discussion
- Alternative proposals for de-aggregating external resources from RO
- Further review of RO SRS API
2012-06-25 - Monday:
- select APIS for implementation?
- Start implementation?
- ACTION GK read latest RO kmodel document: http://wf4ever.github.com/ro/
- ACTION GK read latest ROEVO: http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/RO+evolution, http://wf4ever.github.com/ro/roevo.owl
Blockers/questions to resolve:
- do we have enough APIs described?
- ACTION GK need to review table in SC65 w.r.t. Minim model: (Classification of symtons by detection methodology, table 2, http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/Showcase+65+Linking+taxonomy+of+decay+with+minim+models, also review whole showcase page) Due by end of showcase 65 - next Tuesday?
- Meeting this afternoon - limited time