Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Key points:

  • Proposed agenda for user-driven meetings:
  1. 5 min update from EVERYBODY in the call (including the chair) on what they are doing at the moment that is related to myExperiment, and report if there are any blockers.
  2. Prioritization of features for the next release, or if in the middle of a release cycle, go through the features one by one and report on status (re-prioritize if needed). 
  3. Put forward and discuss new feature requests.
  • Discussion about author contributions and PAV terms

AP Kristina: to contact the co-authors of her RO model application paper with a plan for RO implementation

AP Don: users should be able report other users (urgent since myexp is being spammed again)

AP Finn: to ask Don about not being able to run the latest Ruby release on his machine

AP Don: put designs for sidebar removal on the wiki, should be linked from the release schedule page

AP Don: technology choices for news feeds on wiki for BioVel users to review

AP Don: Remove the curation tagging from the release schedule (it is already in the backlog)

AP Don: add the new feature "Better sharing options" to the backlog

AP Kristina: communicate to Sean that myexp meeting logs should be on myexp wiki instead of wf4ever wiki

AP Don: let the users know when the demo will be

[10:51:10] * Kristina Hettne has changed the chat topic to "myExperiment 130325"
[10:53:39] Kristina Hettne: Hi all. In a while we'll have the MyExperiment call. I suggested an agenda to Sean last week for the user-driven meetings, and he thought it was a good idea. So, when we start in a few minutes, I would like to follow this agenda:
1). 5 min update from EVERYBODY in the call (including the chair) on what they are doing at the moment that is related to myExperiment, and report if there are any blockers.
2). Prioritization of features for the next release, or if in the middle of a release cycle, go through the features one by one and report on status (re-prioritize if needed).
3). Put forward and discuss new feature requests.
[11:00:10] Stian Soiland-Reyes: hi
[11:00:14] Don Cruickshank: hi
[11:01:36] Kristina Hettne: hi
[11:01:50] Kristina Hettne: I'm gonna start the call now
[11:02:22] Kristina Hettne: http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Developer:ReleaseSchedule
[11:04:32] * Don Cruickshank kicked drn05r from the chat.
[11:04:38] * Don Cruickshank kicked kevin.page from the chat.
[11:08:29] Kristina Hettne: Updates:
[11:09:00] Kristina Hettne: Kristina is working on a RO model application paper. Question: should it be only about myexp or also involve the portal for example?
[11:09:28] Kristina Hettne: AP: contact the co-authors with a plan
[11:10:05] Kristina Hettne: Don: investigating search issue
[11:10:09] Kristina Hettne: will commit today
[11:10:28] Kristina Hettne: Marco reports that myexp is being spammed
[11:11:29] Kristina Hettne: AP: users should be able report other users
[11:12:17] Kristina Hettne: Finn: working on components
[11:12:45] Kristina Hettne: Found an error in the search implementation last night
[11:13:37] Kristina Hettne: AP: Finn to ask Don about not being able to run the latest Ruby release on his machine
[11:15:00] Kristina Hettne: Stian: presented ROs and provenance, saw interest in myexperiment features
[11:15:30] Kristina Hettne: Will myexp be more backend than frontend?
[11:16:25] Kristina Hettne: Agenda item: features in next release
[11:16:37] Kristina Hettne: Sidebar removal
[11:17:06] Kristina Hettne: Don: knows broadly what it means, to pen out designs and get feedback from users
[11:18:39] Kristina Hettne: AP: put designs on the wiki, should be linked from the release schedule page.
[11:19:14] Kristina Hettne: News feeds out and news feeds in
[11:19:40] Kristina Hettne: question: is a RSS feed really needed?
[11:20:32] Kristina Hettne: BioVel group has no news. How to populate?
[11:22:03] Kristina Hettne: AP: technology choices for news feeds on wiki for BioVel users to review
[11:22:21] Kristina Hettne: Curation tagging
[11:23:09] Kristina Hettne: This point is not very well defined. Seeing the tightness of the release schedule, it should be moved to the backlog.
[11:24:13] Kristina Hettne: AP: Remove the curation tagging from the release schedule (it is already in the backlog)
[11:24:45] Kristina Hettne: New feature requests?
[11:24:53] Kristina Hettne: Better sharing options
[11:25:50] Kristina Hettne: Background: BioVel needs to have two groups because of current policy
[11:26:15] Kristina Hettne: Access rights need to be implemented differently
[11:26:47] Kristina Hettne: AP: add this feature to the backlog
[11:28:08] Kristina Hettne: Question Kristina: are the chat logs kept somewhere?
[11:28:35] Kristina Hettne: Now on the wf4ever wiki, should be on the myexp wiki
[11:29:23] Kristina Hettne: AP Kristina: communicate this to Sean
[11:29:39] Kristina Hettne: AOB
[11:29:41] Kristina Hettne: ?
[11:29:59] Kristina Hettne: Questions from Don to Stian:
[11:30:29] Kristina Hettne: Author contributions
[11:30:44] Kristina Hettne: Should they be a resource?
[11:31:02] Kristina Hettne: Stian: should be connected to annotations
[11:31:52] Pique: if this helps, I think registering authoring of annotations is a good idea
[11:32:16] Stian Soiland-Reyes: http://purl.org/pav/2.1 has the different terms for authorship
[11:32:24] Kristina Hettne: What does it mean to have people uploading a pack?
[11:32:46] Kristina Hettne: Is not necessarily the author.
[11:32:56] Kristina Hettne: Better call it uploader than creator.
[11:35:02] Kristina Hettne: Stian to send related work to Don offline.
[11:35:50] Stian Soiland-Reyes: http://www.openphacts.org/specs/2012/WD-datadesc-20121019/#dataset-prov-version and http://www.openphacts.org/specs/2012/WD-datadesc-20121019/#linkset-provenance
[11:36:37] Stian Soiland-Reyes: http://pav-ontology.googlecode.com/svn/branches/2.1/pav.html explains the different PAV terms - but we really don't want the user to have to worry about those details - hence I came up with "Uploader" or something.. "Maintainer" is probably better.
[11:36:46] Stian Soiland-Reyes: (although that is metadata and not provenance)
[11:37:18] Kristina Hettne: Next user-focussed call on April 8.
[11:37:28] Stian Soiland-Reyes: Sean is on holiday this week, so back after Easter on Tuesday
[11:37:40] Kristina Hettne: Don has 5 days to work on these issues until then.
[11:38:42] Kristina Hettne: Will put the designs on the wiki and ask for feedback. No demo this time because of time contraints.
[11:38:56] Pique: Ok, April 8th. I put it in Wf4Ever calendar
[11:39:31] Kristina Hettne: Don WILL be doing a demo, but does not know exactely when yet.
[11:39:51] Kristina Hettne: AP Don: let the users know when the demo will be.
[11:40:00] Kristina Hettne: Thanks Pique!
[11:40:29] Pique: thx, bye !
[11:40:30] Kristina Hettne: Ok, bye bye!
[11:40:35] Conference call, duration 38:04.

  • No labels