Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Points/actions

  • Sean to coordinate Jirathon Part II
  • BioVEL user consultation (Stian/Alan)
  • Permissions issue in JIRA

31:48 Sean Bechhofer: Greetings all.
31:53 Don Cruickshank: hi
32:07 Finn Bacall: hi
35:01 Sean Bechhofer: Last weeks chat:
35:02 Sean Bechhofer: http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/130204+myExperiment+Meeting
35:08 Sean Bechhofer: I'll place the call now.
35:09 Stian Soiland-Reyes: hi
35:18 Sean Bechhofer: Call started, 38 minutes 37 seconds
38:21 Sean Bechhofer: Action: @sean to arrange jirathon part II. ONGOING
39:23 Sean Bechhofer: Kristina will join next week to help with user-driven development.
40:04 Sean Bechhofer: Don is now fulltime wf4ever. Danius taken over on seme4.
40:16 Sean Bechhofer: full-time == 90%.
13:56 Sean Bechhofer: Call ended, 38 minutes 37 seconds
41:13 Sean Bechhofer: Updates?
41:26 Sean Bechhofer: Don: tidied up the bugs that were there for the demo. All working now.
41:43 Sean Bechhofer: ...end of last week looking at performance. Fixed couple of things to speed up ~ 3s per request.
41:57 Sean Bechhofer: ...queries in RDF library are quite slow.
42:20 Sean Bechhofer: specifically basic graph patterns. Query parsing is the issue.
42:53 Sean Bechhofer: ...overall putting annotations together is quick ~300ms. Quick enough for web pages.
43:13 Sean Bechhofer: Sean: Bugs in jira?
44:17 Sean Bechhofer: There are issues reported in both poznan and myexperiment jira.
44:45 Sean Bechhofer: Don: not an issue. Poznan used to split wf4eversprints into tasks. Quite separate.
45:18 Sean Bechhofer: Don: Blocker from rails 3 is an easy fix.
45:39 Sean Bechhofer: ...update could happen relatively easily.
46:08 Sean Bechhofer: Don accessible if necessary during review.
46:47 Sean Bechhofer: Don: Tidying up hacks for the demo.
46:59 Sean Bechhofer: ...removing dotted borders from screen etc.
47:46 Sean Bechhofer: Stian: Not much on myexperiment this week. Taverna issues (slowdown with provenance/gui). Wf4ever sprint to address this issue.
48:00 Sean Bechhofer: Rienout is coming to M/cr for a couple of days (March)
48:18 Sean Bechhofer: BioVEL user consulation?
48:27 Stian Soiland-Reyes: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/03ktfqmbbyt82um/FgqddCb3ol
48:29 Sean Bechhofer: Stian: On hold until after the demo.
48:34 Sean Bechhofer: ...new screen shots.
49:48 Sean Bechhofer: Stian: Following demo realising more for wf4ever, e.g. workflow run and BioVEL consultation.
50:29 Sean Bechhofer: ...one thing for workflow run as that we need to make something to upload. Finalising data bundle specification. Also needed for taverna 3.
50:47 Sean Bechhofer: Alan: More work needs to be done on making wf4ever suitable for users.
50:56 Sean Bechhofer: ...after demo it was still confusing. Too many tabs!
51:21 Sean Bechhofer: Stian: Smoother story hopefully from demo.
51:31 Sean Bechhofer: ...but different from BioVEL use case.
51:49 Sean Bechhofer: Alan: As yet no volunteers from BioVEL scientists/
51:56 Sean Bechhofer: ...resounding silence.
52:10 Sean Bechhofer: Sean: anything we can do to encourage them?
52:41 Sean Bechhofer: Stian: Video may provide a better story.
52:52 Sean Bechhofer: Alan: needs to have relevance for their problems.
55:55 Sean Bechhofer: Sean: Is there an explicit curator role within BioVEL?
58:22 Sean Bechhofer: Alan: not explicitly done with BioVEL, but probably should do.
58:27 Sean Bechhofer: Handover to lifewatch at the end.
00:55 Sean Bechhofer: Don: agree that there's a problem with the permissions model in myExperiment.
01:05 Sean Bechhofer: Alan: look at what SYSMO do.
01:14 Sean Bechhofer: Don: Yes, will look at this and lift code.
01:56 Sean Bechhofer: Sean: Permissions issue in the Jira?
02:59 Sean Bechhofer: ACTION: Stian to check this.
03:35 Sean Bechhofer: Don: Doesn't seem to be there. Will add as a placeholder.
05:38 is back
06:11 Sean Bechhofer: Finn: Fixing preview images for T2 workflows. Got out of sync.
06:42 Finn Bacall: http://sandbox.myexperiment.org/search?query=biovel&type=all&commit=Search
06:42 Sean Bechhofer: ...did some work on search results. Strange ordering of search results. Tweaked so that keyword search are returned in order of relevance.
06:58 Sean Bechhofer: Still some issues, e.g. with BioVEL group
07:26 Sean Bechhofer: Also some components work for SCAPE.
11:21 Sean Bechhofer: ...wierd search not a blocker.
11:44 Sean Bechhofer: sean: hardware issues?
12:28 Sean Bechhofer: don: Danius brought back 2nd server so no equipment left at old co-location place. Shut down apache process last week.
13:53 Sean Bechhofer: All done
13:56 Sean Bechhofer: bye!

  • No labels