Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Actions/Points of interest:

  • Don to provide information on service status (e.g. versions etc) via wiki page. Also possible notifications to dev googlegroup of alpha updates.
  • Everyone fill in doodle poll re jirathon. http://www.doodle.com/tfnzhfnz8reem8xq
  • Sean to stop sending stuff to top-secret.
  • Kristina will join call next week to help focus on user-driven development. Bi-weekly participation
  • Don to become fulltime wf4ever.

28:42 Sean Bechhofer: Afternoon all.
28:52 Sean Bechhofer: Sean Bechhofer set topic to "myExperiment 2013-01-28"
28:55 Sean Bechhofer: Last week: http://www.wf4ever-project.org/wiki/display/docs/130121+myExperiment+Meeting
29:18 Stian Soiland-Reyes: omg.. I forgot about this
29:25 Stian Soiland-Reyes: are we call or text?
29:34 Don Cruickshank: hi
29:45 Sean Bechhofer: We will be call and text (as usual)
29:52 Piotr Holubowicz: I can't make it today, sorry
30:05 Sean Bechhofer: Ok. Thanks Piotr.
30:08 Don Cruickshank: after the 3+ hour one this morning!
30:38 Sean Bechhofer: @don Goodness!
32:03 Stian Soiland-Reyes: yeah..
32:07 Stian Soiland-Reyes: my brain can't make it
32:10 Stian Soiland-Reyes: but I'll be on the call
32:13 Stian Soiland-Reyes: and do some Jira mean while
33:19 Don Cruickshank: (smile)
34:42 Sean Bechhofer: Ok. As it appears there was a mammoth session this morning (demo related?) let's try and keep it short.
35:09 Sean Bechhofer: Call started, 22 minutes
35:34 Jun: Hi sorry, I have to be in another meeting this afternoon. Can't make the call today (sad)
35:58 Sean Bechhofer: Present: Stian, Don, Finn, Khalid, Sean
36:40 Stian Soiland-Reyes: http://titanpad.com/ds0TiWs1cJ
36:42 Sean Bechhofer: Stian: Walking through demo this morning.
36:55 Sean Bechhofer: ...demo is looking promising.
37:09 Sean Bechhofer: * Update information about new hardware in myExperiment Management

  • Don to dig into the logs to investigate the Matt Lee group issue.
  • Stian/Alan to draw up plan for BioVEL user consultation
  • Don to provide information on service status (e.g. versions etc) via wiki page. Also possible notifications to dev googlegroup of alpha updates.
    37:38 Sean Bechhofer: Sean: updated google doc about myExperiment.
    38:01 Sean Bechhofer: Matt Lee group issue.
    38:29 Sean Bechhofer: Don: Programming error. Fixing security issue went wrong. So all new groups were owned by Matt Lee (user 1).
    39:14 Sean Bechhofer: ...someone noticed this. Unit tests didn't check for creating user.
    39:32 Sean Bechhofer: Sean; is there any monitoring on dormant users?
    39:38 Sean Bechhofer: Don; No. Not sure what that would be.
    39:54 Sean Bechhofer: ...Usually do notice via spam checker.
    40:39 Sean Bechhofer: Stian: BioVEL consultation/demo on Friday. Running through the current wf4ever demo. Preparing video on Thursday.
    40:52 Sean Bechhofer: Useful feedback on review demo too.
    41:31 Sean Bechhofer: Don: no update on information on service status. Ongoing.
    41:46 Sean Bechhofer: ACTION: Don to provide information on service status (e.g. versions etc) via wiki page. Also possible notifications to dev googlegroup of alpha updates.
    42:06 Sean Bechhofer: Updates.
    42:13 Sean Bechhofer: Don: Two significant things.
    42:35 Sean Bechhofer: ...1/alpha now when pack created will create RO by default.
    42:52 Sean Bechhofer: ...2/ability to put in semantic relationships within packs via RODL
    43:36 Sean Bechhofer: ...work was already there from NeISS support. Already quite a lot of relationship data, e.. eLico with 9 relationships.
    44:24 Sean Bechhofer: ...expect more configuration of what relationshops will be.
    44:25 Finn Bacall: brb
    44:54 Sean Bechhofer: Stian: Lots of myexp/wf4ever.
    44:58 Sean Bechhofer: ...multiple file upload.
    45:02 Sean Bechhofer: ...annotations etc.
    45:06 Sean Bechhofer: Don: HTML5?
    45:13 Sean Bechhofer: Stian: Yes.
    45:24 Sean Bechhofer: ...maybe not correc HTML header, but it works.
    46:03 Stian Soiland-Reyes: HTML header -> HTML Doctype
    46:08 Sean Bechhofer: Finn: Last week briefly went through Jira. Closed off some old issues and resolved a few.
    46:29 Sean Bechhofer: ...branded search results for BioVEL. BioVEL workflow has a special appearance in search results.
    46:46 Sean Bechhofer: ...looking at a bug relating to Taverna2 preview images.
    46:50 Sean Bechhofer: ....different colours.
    47:00 Sean Bechhofer: Don: Need to update gem?
    47:08 Sean Bechhofer: Finn: Done it (sudo access (smile)
    47:20 Sean Bechhofer: ...not updated myExp to latest version of codebase.
    47:33 Sean Bechhofer: ...how's that done? SVN update and restart?
    47:46 Sean Bechhofer: Don: Diff working copy and SVN head and review
    47:53 Sean Bechhofer: Finn: Quite a lot of changes.
    48:11 Sean Bechhofer: Khalid; No myExp news.
    49:12 Sean Bechhofer: Sean: Kristina to join calls from next week.
    49:30 Sean Bechhofer: ...to provide some user focus.
    49:58 Sean Bechhofer: ...Jirathon in the next week.
    50:31 Sean Bechhofer: ACTION: everyone fill in doodle poll.
    50:49 Sean Bechhofer: Don: deprecating top-secret
    50:54 Sean Bechhofer: Sean: What list should we use?
    50:58 Finn Bacall: myexperiment-developers@googlegroups.com
    51:21 Sean Bechhofer: Sean: Who's on that list?
    51:43 Stian Soiland-Reyes: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/myexperiment-developers
    52:59 Sean Bechhofer: ACTION: Sean to stop sending stuff to top-secret.
    53:35 Sean Bechhofer: Don: Time.
    54:11 Sean Bechhofer: ...plan is that Danius takes over role on seme4 for the near future and Don works fulltime on wf4ever.
    54:27 Sean Bechhofer: ...details to be worked out between Dave De Roure and Jun.
    54:42 Sean Bechhofer: ...everything improves with this.
    55:18 Sean Bechhofer: ...Will be confirmed tomorrow.
    55:40 Sean Bechhofer: AOB?
  • No labels